Israel-Hamas LIVE: IDF expands Gaza operation into new neighbourhoods
Published: | Updated:
Yemen’s Iran-backed Huthi rebels declare seizure of ship owned by Israeli businessman
Yemen’s Iran-backed Huthi rebels stated yesterday that that they had seized within the Red Sea a ship owned by an Israeli businessman and rerouted it to Yemen’s coast.
The Iran-backed rebels in Yemen seized the Galaxy Leader on Sunday.
The vessel is operated by a Japanese agency, prompting Tokyo to intervene and ‘immediately’ method the rebels.
The announcement got here days after the insurgent group threatened to focus on Israeli vessels within the waterway over Israel’s warfare with Hamas within the Gaza Strip.
The workplace of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated the ship ‘was hijacked with Iran steerage by the Yemenite Huthi militia’.
In response, Iran’s international ministry stated the Israeli accusations have been ‘invalid’ and ‘projection meant to flee from the scenario they’re dealing with’.
‘We have repeatedly introduced that the resistance teams within the area symbolize their international locations and make choices and act based mostly on the pursuits of their international locations.
‘The Zionist regime (Israel) can not settle for that it suffered a significant defeat in Palestine and desires to discover a justification for the defeat it suffered by accusing the Islamic Republic of Iran,’ Kanani added.
Pressure mounts on Netanyahu as five-day protest march arrives in Jerusalem
Thousands of relations of the roughly 240 hostages held in Gaza streamed into Jerusalem final night time, criticising the Israeli authorities.
They castigated Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over his administration of the warfare with Hamas, and pleaded with the federal government to do no matter it takes to convey their family members residence.
As public stress mounted, Netanyahu stated Saturday that Israel’s War Cabinet would meet with representatives of the households this week.
‘I’m marching with you. The Israeli persons are marching with you,’ he stated. ‘I promise, when we now have one thing to say, we’ll inform you.’
The march capped a five-day trek from Tel Aviv and represented the biggest protest on behalf of the hostages since they have been dragged into Gaza by Hamas on October 7 as a part of the terrorists’ lethal assault in southern Israel.
Father of nine-year-old woman who spent her birthday ‘within the Gaza tunnels’ speaks at demonstration outdoors Downing Street
Emily Hand turned 9 on Friday. Like many little ladies the world over, she likes to sing and to bop like Beyonce.
But in contrast to these different ladies, Emily ‘spent her birthday within the Gaza tunnels’, one of many scores of hostages snatched by Hamas throughout its lethal October 7 assault on Israel, in line with her father Thomas Hand.
‘She would not even understand it was her birthday. She would not know what day it’s, and what date it’s,’ Irish-born Hand advised AFP information company Sunday, making a heart-rending attraction to the UK to convey Emily residence.
Based on preliminary data, the 63-year-old thought his daughter was lifeless.
‘But that was mistaken identification,’ he stated on the sidelines of a protest for the discharge of the greater than 200 folks being held by the Palestinian Islamist group.
The DNA exams did not match, he added.
Watch Mr Hand converse outdoors Downing Street on Sunday:
‘Later on we had an eyewitness… (who) noticed her being led away by the terrorists, right into a van off to Gaza’ after the assault on the Beeri kibbutz, Mr Hand stated.
For the daddy, who moved to Israel on the age of 32, Beeri had been idyllic. ‘Seriously it was paradise on earth… till all of it got here crushing down’ on that ‘terrifying day’.
The Beeri kibbutz noticed a few of the worst atrocities when Gaza-based Hamas militants stormed throughout the militarised border, killing round 1,200 folks and taking about 240 hostages, in line with Israeli officers.
Reporting by AFP.
Israeli tanks are ‘positioned round hospital’, Gaza well being ministry says
Israeli tanks are positioned round a hospital in north Gaza the place 12 Palestinians have been killed and dozens wounded, the territory’s well being ministry has stated at this time.
There was no rapid affirmation from the Israeli army of the experiences from the Indonesian Hospital however the Palestinian information company WAFA stated the power had been hit by artillery hearth.
At the opposite finish of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, no less than 14 Palestinians have been killed in two Israeli air strikes on homes within the city of Rafah, well being officers stated.
Rafah is close to the border with Egypt.
The Israeli army issued an announcement with video of air strikes and troops going house-to-house, saying it killed three Hamas firm commanders and a squad of Palestinian fighters, with out giving particular areas.
Israel-Hamas warfare day 44: What that you must know at this time
Hello and welcome to MailOnline’s stay protection of the on-going battle within the Middle East between Israel and the Hamas terror group.
Israel launched its offensive in opposition to Hamas after a wave of brutal cross-border raids on October 7 left 1,200 folks lifeless, nearly all of them civilians.
The Hamas authorities says the demise toll from Israel’s aerial bombardment and floor operations in Gaza has reached 13,000, 1000’s of them kids.
Six weeks into the warfare, Israel is dealing with intense worldwide stress to justify its bloody toll. Israel officers have warned a ‘window of legitimacy’ for the warfare to rout Hamas could also be closing.
Here’s what else that you must know on day 44 of the warfare:
- Qatari mediators have stated they’re inching nearer to a deal to free a few of the 240 hostages held by Hamas terrorists inside Gaza.
- Meanwhile, Israeli troops have at this time been ‘increasing its operational actions in extra neighbourhoods’, warning residents Gaza’s largest refugee camp Jabalia and a close-by coastal camp to evacuate.
- A Hamas well being official stated greater than 80 folks have been killed in twin strikes on Jabalia on Saturday, together with on a UN faculty sheltering displaced folks.
- UN rights chief Volker Turk on Sunday condemned the purported strike on the varsity as ‘horrifying’, including that ‘the horrendous occasions of the previous 48 hours in Gaza beggar perception.’
- Israel on Sunday introduced what it stated was proof Hamas gunmen used Gaza’s largest hospital, Al-Shifa, to cover international hostages and to masks underground tunnels.
- The Israeli army launched what was stated to be CCTV footage from October 7 of two male hostages from Nepal and Thailand being introduced into the hospital. ‘We haven’t but situated each of those hostages,’ military spokesman Daniel Hagari advised reporters.
- Israel additionally accused the Palestinian militant group of executing a 19-year-old Israeli soldier Noa Marciano at Al-Shifa and introduced photographs of what it stated was a 55-metre-long underground tunnel beneath the hospital.
- Israel has repeatedly claimed that Al-Shifa doubles as a base for Palestinian militants, a cost Hamas and hospital directors deny.
- The World Health Organization has known as the hospital a ‘demise zone’.
- Over the weekend, lots of of individuals fled Al-Shifa hospital on foot as loud explosions have been heard across the advanced. Columns of sick and injured have been seen leaving with displaced folks, docs and nurses.
Israel-Hamas warfare day 44: What that you must know at this time