Chemical assault sufferer’s buddies give main replace on mum’s hospital situation

The sufferer of a chemical assault remains to be sedated in hospital, household buddies have mentioned.

Posting on a GoFundMe web page to lift cash for these attacked in Clapham, south London, they mentioned the extent of the injury to her imaginative and prescient was nonetheless unknown.

The Met Police say their “main working hypothesis” is that suspect Abdul Ezedi plunged into the River Thames from Chelsea Bridge, the place he was final seen leaning over railings, hours after he allegedly doused his former accomplice and her two youngsters with corrosive liquid.

READ MORE: Man turns into first ever to die from newly-discovered virus he bought from a ‘stray cat scratch’

Check out extra of the newest information tales from the Daily Star.

An replace on the fundraising web site on Sunday (February 11), which has now raised greater than £41,000, learn: “We cannot imagine we have virtually reached £40,000 in just some days. Every donation, share and touch upon this web page has been a ray of sunshine throughout this very troublesome time.

‘Mum continues to be sedated within the hospital,’ the GoFundMe learn

“So many of us are struggling financially right now, so seeing over 2000 of you contribute really means the world. Beyond the money raised, knowing the family has so much support in the community will be so powerful for their recovery and help them feel safe again.”

It continued: “Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Mum continues to be sedated in the hospital. We still don’t know the full extent of damage to her vision.”

“We appreciate anything and everything you can do to keep building support. As Katie Piper highlighted in her Instagram post, ‘burns treatment is a long process and going over target is still very much needed.’ Finally, we want to pay tribute to the wonderful NHS staff. The family are getting the best care from an incredibly talented and caring team.”

Police at the scene in Lessar Avenue near Clapham Common, south London
Police on the scene in Lessar Avenue close to Clapham Common, south London

Commander Jon Savell mentioned on Friday: “Our enquiries continue but we have been very closely following all the available evidence for the past week and indications are now that Ezedi entered the water. We have tracked him since the moment the attack happened walking for four hours through London, in the main hugging the river.

“He is a person who had simply carried out essentially the most horrific assault, and was affected by important accidents himself which should have been inflicting him a unprecedented quantity of ache.”

The officer added that he ‘walked with purpose’ towards Chelsea Bridge.

“It is simply over 4 miles from Tower Hill, the place he was seen leaving the tube station, to Chelsea Bridge. He walks purposefully. Halfway throughout Chelsea Bridge he pauses and paces backwards and forwards in the direction of the railings, in addition to wanting over them, this can be a change in behaviour. Then he’s misplaced from sight,” he explained.

Police are yet to make an arrest or find a body.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking right here.