Cristiano Ronaldo’s £61MILLION non-public jet is ‘grounded’ at Manchester Airport – after a ‘crack is found within the window of the posh aircraft’
- Ronaldo’s private jet had been seen arriving at Manchester Airport on Friday
- The Bombardier Global Express 6500 was still on the ground on Tuesday
- LISTEN NOW: It’s All Kicking Off!, available wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes every Monday and Thursday
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s luxury private jet has reportedly been grounded in Manchester airport following a technical problem.
Ronaldo’s £61million aircraft arrived at the airport on Friday and was still on the ground on Tuesday afternoon.
Adorned with the player’s CR7 logo and a silhouette of his iconic goal celebration, the Bombardier Global Express 6500 jet had touched down in the city Ronaldo enjoyed two stints as a player last week.
The arrival was revealed in a post by the airport’s X account, accompanied by a love heart eyes and eyes emoji.
It is not immediately clear whether Ronaldo was present when his jet arrived in the city in which he enjoyed so much success.
According to the Sun, the jet is expected to remain at the airport while it undergoes repairs.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s private jet has been grounded after a crack was discovered in a window

The private jet was welcomed by Manchester Airport on Friday and was still seen on Tuesday

The 40-year-old purchased the Bombardier Global Express 6500 jet for a reported £61million
Engineers reportedly discovered a crack in one of the aircraft’s windows and are now awaiting the delivery of a replacement.
The private jet had been pictured at Manchester airport next to the plane which was taking Man City’s squad to Madrid for the second leg of their Champions League play-off second leg.
It is unclear whether Ronaldo, who reportedly bought the private jet, had been on board when the aircraft arrived on Friday.
It appears unlikely given the Al-Nassr captain started the Saudi Pro League side’s 3-2 win over Al-Ahli on Thursday, before being replaced late in the second half.
The arrival had sparked speculation from Man United fans, with some callling for Ronaldo to return for a third stint at the club.
After a hugely successful initial spell at Old Trafford that saw him win the first of his five Ballon d’Ors in 2008, Ronaldo returned to United in 2021 during Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s reign at the club.
Despite receiving a hero’s welcome on his return, Ronaldo’s second spell at Old Trafford would ultimately come to an acrimonious end.
After a public falling out with Erik ten Hag saw him frozen out, Ronaldo made a number of explosive claims in a TV interview that led to United terminating his contract.

It is unclear whether Ronaldo, pictured with his partner Georgina Rodriguez, arrived on the jet last week

Rodriguez was pictured with the luxury aircraft, which Ronaldo reportedly bought last year
However, despite the bitter nature of his departure, in December Ronaldo incredibly pitched himself as the man to turn the club around.
‘[The] Premier League it’s the most difficult league in the world,’ he said at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards ceremony.
‘All the teams are good, all the teams fight, all the teams run, all the teams are strong. Football is different right now. There’s no easy games any more.
‘They need, I said this one year and a half ago, and I will continue to say it: The problem is not the coaches, it’s like… I always give this example… it’s like an aquarium.
‘If you have the fish inside and he’s sick and you take him out and you fix the problem and you put him again in an aquarium you will be sick again.
‘The problem of Manchester United is the same. The problem is not always the coach. It’s much more than that.’
Ronaldo missed Al-Nassr’s latest match on Monday night, with the 40-year-old rested by the Saudi Arabian club for their Asian Champions League tie against Persepolis in Iran.
Al-Nassr, who are already through to the last-16, drew 0-0 with the Iranian side.