London24NEWS

Papua New Guinea asylum seeker who punched his former girlfriend at a taxpayer-funded migrant resort is going through jail

A migrant who strangled and punched his ex-girlfriend at a four-star taxpayer-funded hotel is facing jail.

Mamadou Alion Diallo, 27, hit Zenabou Quedraogo in the face on January 4 last year – leaving her with a ‘massive bruise’.

Police were called to the Heston Hyde Hotel in Hounslow, west London after Ms Quedraogo was heard ‘screaming’. 

Diallo, whose asylum claim is believed to still be ongoing, had previously lashed out at Ms Quedraogo on October 23, 2024.

The Papua New Guinea national has now had his accommodation downgraded to a three-star migrant hotel – Thistle City, in Barbican, central London.

He is said to be ‘extremely stressed’ about the prospect of going to prison. 

The court heard Diallo had ‘moved around different countries’ before coming to Britain.

He admitted intentional strangulation and assault by beating.

Mamadou Alion Diallo, 27, (pictured) punched Zenabou Quedraogo in the face on January 4 last year - leaving her with a 'massive bruise'

Mamadou Alion Diallo, 27, (pictured) punched Zenabou Quedraogo in the face on January 4 last year – leaving her with a ‘massive bruise’

Diallo appeared at Isleworth Crown Court wearing a black jacket and tracksuit bottoms for sentencing

Diallo appeared at Isleworth Crown Court wearing a black jacket and tracksuit bottoms for sentencing

Nicholas Fooks, defending, said Diallo is ‘extremely stressed’ about the proceedings

Nicholas Fooks, defending, said Diallo is ‘extremely stressed’ about the proceedings

Diallo appeared at Isleworth Crown Court wearing a black jacket and tracksuit bottoms for sentencing. 

The hearing was adjourned.

Nicholas Fooks, defending, said Diallo is ‘extremely stressed’ about the proceedings.

Judge Sunaina Kaur Srai-Chohan said: ‘We are not in an ideal situation here, but clearly the defendant needs to understand the situation, particularly because of what is written in the medical reports.’

Diallo was freed on conditional bail ahead of sentence on on March 16.