London24NEWS

Boy, ten, is hacked to loss of life with a machete and mom left preventing for all times earlier than Tenerife cops shoot crazed father lifeless

A ten-year-old boy was savagely hacked to death with a machete, while his mother has been left critically injured during an assault that saw police shoot dead the youngster’s father. 

The tragedy, which happened in Tenerife on Friday morning, is being treated by detectives as a possible domestic violence incident.

According to local reports, the same weapon was used against the mother, who has suffered severe wounds to her arms and legs and has been left fighting for her life.

Residents of Cabo Blanco, a small village near the popular holiday resort of Los Cristianos in the south of the island, say they are shocked and horrified by the incident. Cabo Blanco is in the municipality of Arona.

The boy died early this morning after allegedly being attacked by his father with a machete inside a house. 

Civil Guard officers arrived at the address at around 1am following reports of an armed person inside a home.

When officers arrived at the scene, there was a stand-off with the alleged assailant, a 34-year-old man, who was described as ‘extremely violent.’

He is said to have attacked one of the Civil Guard officers before another fired his service weapon and killed the assailant. 

A ten-year-old boy was savagely hacked to death with a machete, while his mother has been left critically injured during an assault that saw police shoot dead the youngster's father, in Tenerife on Friday morning

A ten-year-old boy was savagely hacked to death with a machete, while his mother has been left critically injured during an assault that saw police shoot dead the youngster’s father, in Tenerife on Friday morning

The injured officer was taken to a hospital, where he awaits surgery and is in a serious but not critical condition, according to initial reports.

Local Arona and Civil Guard officers attended to the woman and applied a tourniquet due to the severity of her injuries.

The mayor of Arona, Fátima Lemes, spoke to Canarias Radio and confirmed the incident, adding several calls had been made to police regarding an armed person in the house. 

Once the agents entered the property, they found the lifeless body of the child.

The Civil Guard and the High Court of Justice of the Canary Islands (TSCJ) said there was no record of complaints against the man who allegedly killed his son and he did not have a criminal record.