ITV cabinets standard present after Holly Willoughby turned down profitable internet hosting provide

  • Have YOU got a story? Email tips@dailymail.co.uk 

ITV have shelved the show You Bet! after Holly Willoughby turned down the presenting gig.  

The presenter, 45, and Stephen Mulhern hosted two specials back in 2024, as the network rebooted the format of the game show which ran for 10 series in the nineties. 

But now ITV have made the decision to not make it a permanent fixture in their TV schedule, but did not rule out the possibility of a return in the future.  

Fans will be sad to not see Holly on screens, after her other shows Dancing On Ice and Celebrity Bear Hunt were not renewed for another season

Speaking to The Sun, a TV insider said You Bet!’s shelving will be ‘another disappointment’ for Holly as it was her first big project with ITV since she left This Morning in 2023 after a horrifying kidnap, rape and murder plot against her.

They said: ‘This will be another disappointment for Holly as she was so closely associated with the show and this was her first new, big project with ITV after she left This Morning.’

ITV have shelved the show You Bet! after Holly Willoughby turned down the presenting gig (Pictured together at the launch)

Fans will be sad to not see Holly on screens, after Dancing On Ice and Celebrity Bear Hunt were not renewed for another season 

An ITV spokesperson told the Daily Mail: ‘You Bet! returned to ITV in 2024 with a peak overnight audience of 4.4m. Both You Bet! and You Bet! On Tour are available to watch on ITVX. 

‘There are currently no plans for a new series of You Bet! On Tour.’ 

The Daily Mail has contacted representatives for Holly for comment. 

The Mail previously revealed Holly dashed ITV’s hopes that she would be their Saturday night star after she turned down a lucrative deal to front a new series of the classic game show You Bet!

ITV sources say that she is ‘busy with other commitments’, which meant she was unable to return to the programme. 

Meanwhile, last year, it was revealed that Dancing On Ice was being ‘rested’ and that there were no plans for a future series. Then in June, Netflix cancelled Bear Hunt after just one season. 

But despite her break from TV, Holly has been keeping busy – launching into an influencer career and promoting her wellness brand Wylde Moon. 

And plotting her return to the small screen, Holly is reportedly quietly working on a project that will see her produce her own show – as well as host it. 

She is working with her husband Dan Baldwin’s production company Hungry Bear to develop a ‘multi-strand programme for digital platforms’ in a move she is said to be ‘thrilled and excited’ about. 

Just last week Bear Grylls revealed why his Netflix show Bear Hunt was axed.  

ITV have said there are currently no plans for another season of You Bet!, but did not rule out the possibility of a return in the future

It is the third show with Holly, 45, at the helm to be shelved in the last year, after Dancing On Ice and Celebrity Bear Hunt (pictured) were not renewed for another season

Last year it was revealed that Dancing On Ice was being ‘rested’ and that there were no plans for a future series (seen on the show in March 2025)

The TV host, 51, and Holly fronted the show, which aired last February and followed Bear as he hunted down 12 celebrities.

However the series was not renewed by the streaming giant – despite hit ratings and a star-studded cast which included Mel B, Lottie Moss and Boris Becker

Of why it was axed, Bear told The Sun: ‘I loved Bear Hunt. It actually did so well. It went to the No1 show on Netflix in the UK and sat there for two weeks – epic. Netflix were really happy. But it was a big, expensive show.

‘There was a change at Netflix, high up, and everyone likes a new project. And I would say that was a 49-51 vote, and it just came down on the wrong side of that. 

‘I was sad it didn’t come back, but Holly was great to work with. We had so much fun.’

Celebrity Bear Hunt had an impressive line up of celebrities which included Danny Cipriani, Big Zuu, Joe Thomas, Kola Bokinni, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, Leomie Anderson, Shirley Ballas, Steph McGovern and Una Healy.

The show, which was Holly’s first programme with Netflix, featured twelve celebrities who were sent to a jungle in Costa Rica.

They were forced to avoid being hunted down by Bear. Along the way, the celebrities faced various challenges and solve puzzles.

Just last week Bear Grylls revealed why his Netflix show Bear Hunt was axed 

Holly signed for the show after her terrifying kidnap torment at the hands of former security guard Gavin Plumb who was last summer found guilty of a plot to kidnap, rape and murder her.

When Grylls called her, she revealed she immediately she said yes – a decision which was aided by her three children Harry, Belle and Chester.

Bear said he is sure they will collaborate on a TV project again the future.