Andy Carroll faces trial after ‘repeatedly contacting TOWIE star ex Billi Mucklow’

Andy Carroll breached a non-molestation order against ex-wife Billi Mucklow after he bombarded her with calls before his arrest at London Stansted Airport, a court was told

View 2 Images

Former England footballer Andy Carroll arriving at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court last month(Image: PA)

Former England footballer Andy Carroll is facing a trial next year charged with breaching a non-molestation order by allegedly repeatedly calling his reality TV star ex-wife.

The former Newcastle and Liverpool striker did not attend his plea hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court on Tuesday, but he indicated a not guilty plea at an earlier hearing.

Carroll is charged with breaching the order made by the family court at Chelmsford Justice Centre by allegedly repeatedly calling in March last year his ex-wife Billi Mucklow, who has featured on reality TV show The Only Way Is Essex.

It comes following his arrest at Stansted Airport in front of holidaymakers last April over the alleged breach. The couple had married in 2022 and share three kids, but divorced two years later.

Judge Christopher Morgan said: “On the basis of what was indicated in the magistrates’ court, I’m going to set stage dates.”

Article continues below

He set a trial date of January 18 2027. It is expected to last two days.

The 37-year-old played nine matches for England between 2010 and 2012, scoring twice, including one goal at Euro 2012.

Carroll began his professional career with Newcastle United before transferring to Liverpool for £35 million in 2011, later playing for West Ham, Reading and West Brom among other teams.

Ensure our latest headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as a Preferred Source in your Google search settings

Carroll is currently playing for National League South club Dagenham & Redbridge. However, he recently went under the knife to repair a fracture and ligament damage. He had spent time with Amiens and Bordeaux in France before the move.

In a later update to the court, prosecutor Leanne Hemming said she had spoken with those representing Carroll and they “thought the hearing was tomorrow”.

Article continues below

The judge said he would adjourn the plea and trial preparation hearing until March 4.

FacebookMoneyPremier LeagueTowie