Lachlan Brownrigg has been reported missing after his family lost contact with him during a trip to a popular tourist spot in Vietnam, with his phone switched off and no WhatsApp connection
A family has been left in a state of fear after a Brit disappeared in Vietnam, with no communication for nearly a month.
Lachlan Brownrigg has been declared missing after his relatives lost touch with him. The globetrotter is deemed a ‘vulnerable adult’ by his family, who have disclosed that his mobile phone is turned off.
Lachlan last made contact on April 22 during a visit to a well-known tourist attraction, as reported by NeedToKnow. His most recent known whereabouts was at the Dray Sap waterfall, Dak Lak, Vietnam. The absent Brit also avoids social media – making it more difficult to trace his latest movements.
Lachlan is described as having brownish blonde hair, blue eyes and tattoos on his chest, arm and lower leg.
He stands around 5ft8 tall and has a medium build.
Relatives back in Warrington, Cheshire, have issued a plea to locals and expats to provide any information they may have on Lachlan.
His sister Ellie Elizabeth stated: “My brother is currently a missing person in Vietnam.
“May be vulnerable at this time as is considered a vulnerable adult.
“His phone is switched off, no WhatsApp connection and he does not have social media.
“Believed to have been in the area of Dak Sak, Dray Sap waterfall around 22 Apr but the location may have changed.
“Believed to be in a home stay but unclear.
“Lachlan if you see this – please contact us, we just want to know you are ok.”
Meanwhile, a search for a missing woman has ended in tragedy, after friends and family discovered her body and a man was charged with abuse of her corpse.
Karen Dean-Hollis, 23, disappeared from Georgetown Apartments in Northport, Alabama, on May 8. According to local news station WIAT, Karen’s sister Brandy contacted authorities when she didn’t hear from her. The family made the grim discovery on Saturday (May 16), with Northport police later determining foul play may have been involved.
“I have not felt good,” Brandy said as the heart-rending search for her sister took place last week. “I haven’t eaten, I haven’t been able to sleep.” Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit were brought in to assist in the investigation and worked alongside local police.
Last week they named 44-year-old Randall Lendell Dejourney as a person of interest in the case, according to WBRC.
On Saturday, Karen’s friends and family were scouring an area of Greene County based on information received from an electronic device. It was there they discovered Karen’s remains.
The suspect, Dejourney, was promptly taken into custody and charged with abuse of a corpse.
“The investigation has been a priority for both agencies,” Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Captain Jack Kennedy said of the unit and Northport police.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.