Donald Trump reveals White House shooter who ‘thought he was Jesus’ had ‘violent historical past’
Nasire Best, 21, was shot dead outside the White House in Washington, DC on Saturday evening after opening fire on Secret Service agents, according to officials
The individual accused of opening fire outside the White House has been named as a 21 year old man who believed he was Jesus Christ, according to officials.
Nasire Best was shot dead after engaging in gunfire with Secret Service agents in Washington, DC on Saturday evening. Best was spotted pacing back and forth along 17th St Northwest moments before he drew a revolver, sources told the New York Post.
He approached the Secret Service booth and retrieved a weapon from his bag before unleashing a barrage of bullets. The White House was instantly put into lockdown as President Donald Trump was inside, though he remained unharmed.
Following the mayhem, Trump posted on Truth Social claiming that Best “had a violent history and possible obsession with our Country’s most cherished structure.”
The president, who appeared to be referring to the White House, added: “Thank you to our great Secret Service and Law Enforcement for the swift and professional action taken this evening against a gunman near the White House, who had a violent history and possible obsession with our Country’s most cherished structure.
“The gunman is dead after an exchange of gunfire with Secret Service Agents near the White House gates.
“This event is one month removed from the White House Correspondent [sic] Dinner shooting, and goes to show how important it is, for all future Presidents, to get, what will be, the most safe and secure space of its kind ever built in Washington, D.C. The National Security of our Country demands it!”
An adult civilian sustained injuries during the shooting, though authorities said they were uncertain whether they were wounded by the suspect or caught in crossfire.
Reporters stationed at the White House reported hearing up to 30 shots which sent them diving for cover.
It has now come to light that Best had previously been flagged by the Secret Service and had breached an earlier court directive ordering him to keep away from the White House premises, NBC reports.
He was apprehended by Secret Service on 26 June 2025, for attempting to flag down agents and issuing threats, and a fortnight later on 10 July 2025, for entering a restricted zone.
During the June incident, Best obstructed an entry lane at the White House. He was seized by the Secret Service after declaring he was ‘God’ then sent to the Psychiatric Institute of Washington for a mental assessment.
