Three girls discovered on Brighton seashore are sisters as tributes paid to ‘beloved daughters’

This is a breaking news story and is being constantly updated by our reporters as the breaking news story develops

View 5 Images

Floral tributes have been left at the scene of the tragedy(Image: Adam Gerrard / Daily Mirror)

The identities of the three women who tragically died at Brighton beach last week have been released by police. They are sisters Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, from the Uxbridge area of London, Sussex Police said.

In a heartbreaking family statement, their father Josheph said: “Today, with a heart full of sorrow and love, I pay tribute to my beloved daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky — whose lives ended so tragically far too soon.

“No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives. Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.

“Each of you was unique and precious in your own special way. Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful. Though your time on earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts forever.

“Jane, your strength and loving spirit will never be forgotten. Christina, your kindness and beautiful heart touched so many lives. Becky, your warmth and joyful soul brought happiness wherever you went. You were deeply loved, and you will always be deeply missed.

“The tragedy of losing all three of you has left an emptiness that words cannot heal. There are days when the grief feels unbearable, yet I hold tightly to the memories we shared — the laughter, the conversations, the love, and the bond that death can never take away.

“Though you are no longer here beside us, your spirits live on in our hearts every day. Love like yours never dies. You will forever remain a part of our lives, our prayers, and our memories.

“Rest peacefully, my precious daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky. You may be gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.

“Forever loved. Forever missed. Forever remembered.”

Emergency services were called to the beach near Black Rock car park off Madeira Drive at around 5.45am last Wednesday, 13 May, where the bodies of three women were sadly recovered from the sea nearby.

In a statement, Sussex Police said: “The investigation to understand how Jane, Christina and Rebecca came to be in the water is ongoing. At this time, there is no evidence to suggest third-party involvement or criminality, but specialist detectives are working hard to gather the full facts and circumstances of their deaths.

“This has included the review of hundreds of hours of CCTV, enquiries at properties and businesses around the beach area to try and trace the women’s last movements and extensive engagement with our partners in Brighton and London.

“We are appealing for anyone who has any information that could help the investigation to come forward. Particularly anyone who may have seen the three women around the Madeira Drive area between 10pm on Tuesday, 12 May, and 5.30am on Wednesday, 13 May.

“If you can help, contact us online or via 101, quoting Operation Ledmore, serial 438 of 20/05.”

Chief Superintendent Adam Hays, Divisional Commander for Brighton and Hove said: “The thoughts of everyone at Sussex Police are with the family of Jane, Christina and Rebecca following this devastating loss.

“I know this incident has had a profound impact on the local community in Brighton, and across the country and I’d like to reassure the public we will leave no stone unturned in our investigation to understand exactly what led to the tragic events of that Wednesday morning.

“This investigation will continue in earnest, with Jane, Christina and Rebecca’s family at its centre. I would ask that they are given the privacy to come to terms with this terrible tragedy.”

This is a breaking news story and is being constantly updated. Please refresh the page regularly with the latest news, pictures and videos.

You can also get email updates on the day’s biggest stories straight to your inbox by signing up for our newsletters.

Get all the very best headlines, pictures, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you by following Daily Star every time you see our name.

Follow Daily Star on Android – CLICK HERE

Follow Daily Star on Apple – CLICK HERE

Follow Daily Star on Snapchat – CLICK HERE

Article continues below

You can also sign up for Twitter alerts for breaking news by following @starbreaksnews and follow us @dailystar for all the latest updates.

Keep up-to-date with your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day by following us on Facebook at facebook.com/thedailystar.

Breaking NewsFamilyInjuries