London24NEWS

Man Utd information: £65m bid for ‘massively necessary’ ace as boss admits ‘proper’ value stance

Manchester United have sprung into action as they look to secure Michael Carrick the new midfielder and left-back he is looking for ahead of the Premier League kick off

Michael Carrick

Michael Carrick wants to welcome new faces to Manchester United(Image: Manchester United via Getty Images)

Manchester United have sprung into action in the days leading up to the start of the new Premier League season as they look to complete major transfers.

Michael Carrick has been clear about the need to further strengthen his squad and “keep pushing” for signings so the Red Devils are ready to compete on four fronts as they make a return to Champions League football thanks to their third-placed finish last term.

Youri Tielemans and Andrey Santos have already been signed for the engine room of the United team. But now talks are being held with Brighton over finally bringing long-term target Carlos Baleba to the club. Here’s all the latest news from Old Trafford.

Manchester United Manager Michael Carrick celebrates the 3-2 win during the Premier League match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford

(Image: Shaun Brooks – CameraSport, CameraSport via Getty Images)

JOIN US ON FB! Get all the best sports news and much more on our Facebook page

Myles Lewis-Skelly transfer boost

Arsenal CEO Richard Garlick has not dismissed the idea of offloading young England ace Myles Lewis-Skelly this summer, reports the Mirror.

It was suggested the Gunners had proposed the 19-year-old, capable of playing at left-back and in midfield, to United and Chelsea, following midfielder Bruno Guimaraes’ signing from Newcastle.

“There’s been a lot of speculation around players,” Garlick said when asked about Lewis-Skelly and fellow Arsenal star Ethan Nwaneri. “I can’t stop other clubs being interested.

Myles Lewis-Skelly of Arsenal talks on the phone as he inspects the pitch prior to the Pre-Season Friendly match between Arsenal FC and AC Milan at National Stadium on July 23, 2025 in Singapore.

Myles Lewis-Skelly of Arsenal(Image: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

“I think Myles has had a fantastic end to last season and has started this one really well – we’re very, very happy with him.

“Ethan has had a great pre-season as well and I think it’s just a case of looking at what opportunities there are that will help both of those in terms of their career moving forward.

“We are not actively looking at selling those homegrown players but if the right opportunity came up – right for them and the club – we’d obviously consider that.”

Man Utd close in on £60m deal

Carlos Baleba of Brighton & Hove Albion during the Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round match between Liverpool and Brighton & Hove Albion on February 14, 2026 in Liverpool, England.

Carlos Baleba is another Manchester United target(Image: Charlotte Wilson/Offside/Offside via Getty Images)

United have tabled an opening £60million bid for Carlos Baleba, with a potential £5m in add-ons.

Carrick has been eager to bring in a third midfielder to his ranks as the club continues to overhaul a crucial area of the squad.

The Athletic reports the two sides are “closing in” on an agreement for Baleba, 22, despite the offer falling short of Brighton’s asking price. Discussions are said to be continuing as both clubs work towards reaching a compromise over the midfielder.

It suggests Baleba could ultimately make his way to Old Trafford, 12 months after the club’s chase last summer when he was given a £100m asking price.

The Cameroon international is currently rehabilitating from an ankle ligament problem, though the setback is not anticipated to rule him out for an extended period.

Speaking about United’s interest in Baleba last season, Brighton owner Tony Bloom previously said: “There was interest from Manchester United, and we said that he wasn’t available this summer and they went away.

“So we’ve had many bigger sagas in the past. But Carlos Baleba, his improvement has been immense. Massively important player to this football club, and just delighted that he’s with us for this season.”

Article continues below