Donald Trump says ‘Iran will probably be hit very laborious’ as he vows to increase US record of targets and mocks nation as ‘The Loser Of The Middle East’
US President Donald Trump has promised Iran ‘will be hit very hard’ as he vowed to expand his country’s list of targets.
In the Truth Social statement on Saturday, Trump mocked Iran as ‘The Loser Of The Middle East’, as the US demanded ‘unconditional’ surrender and threatened escalation of the conflict, which began eight days ago.
President Trump hit out at Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshki, who earlier claimed that attacks against its Gulf neighbours would stop – only to be contradicted by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards hours later.
Pezeshkian described the US demand for an ‘unconditional surrender’ as a ‘dream’ in a statement today in which he also apologised for striking neighbouring countries.
But the Iranian attacks show no sign of stopping, as Dubai‘s international airport was hit by a drone strike this morning.
President Trump said in a statement attacking Iran’s capability: ‘Iran, which is being beat to HELL, has apologised and surrendered to its Middle East neighbours, and promised that it will not shoot at them anymore.
‘This promise was only made because of the relentless US and Israeli attack. They were looking to take over and rule the Middle East.
‘It is the first time that Iran has ever lost, in thousands of years, to surrounding Middle Eastern countries.’
President Trump issued a warning to Iran on Saturday, the eighth day of the conflict in the Middle East
The US President warned that Iran would be ‘hit very hard’ as he vowed to expand his country’s list of targets
Explosions were reported near Dubai International Airport around 8am local time (4am GMT) on Saturday, with a fire seen burning close to the complex after another suspected Iranian drone attack
Pictured: Damage at Dubai airport following drone strikes this morning
He added that Iranians had ‘thanked’ him and responded that Iran was ‘no longer the bully of the Middle East’ but was now the ‘loser’ of the region instead.
He continued with a warning to Iran that it would be ‘hit very hard’ on Saturday, and said: ‘Under serious consideration for complete destruction and certain death, because of Iran’s bad behaviour, are areas and groups of people that were not considered for targeting up until this moment in time.’
The comments came as intense Iranian fire targeted the Gulf Arab states on Saturday morning as Israel and the United States kept up their air strikes targeting the Islamic Republic.
There were repeated attacks on Saturday morning on Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Elsewhere, it was reported today that the UK has halved the readiness time for aircraft carrier HMS Prince of Wales ahead of a possible deployment to the region.
Israel and Iran continued to exchange fire overnight, with the IDF confirming it had launched a fresh wave of attacks against ‘terror targets’ in the Dahiyeh District of Beirut, Lebanon.
Iran also fired its twenty-third round of strikes, a statement from IRGC-affiliated Tasmin news agency said as the IDF reported missiles coming from the region towards Israel had been detected.
