Donald Trump boasts ‘huge cash might be made’ in Middle East ‘golden age’ after Iran ceasefire
The US President boasted about ‘positive action’ and ‘big money’ in the Strait of Hormuz after he announced a ceasefire less than two hours before his chilling deadline
Donald Trump praised the ceasefire made after his own threats to “end” a civilisation, before adding that “big money will be made” in Iran.
The US President posted a statement after a conditional two-week ceasefire with Iran was agreed, less than two hours before the chilling deadline Trump issued for the regime to meet his demands. After the deal was announced, Trump said it was “a big day for world peace”.
He added that the US will be “helping with the traffic buildup” in the Strait of Hormuz, and that “big money will be made” as Iran begins reconstruction. Iran, the US and Israel reached a two-week ceasefire Wednesday after a public plea from the Pakistani Prime Minister for more time to bring the waring nations together for diplomatic discussions.
READ MORE: Iran war LIVE: Trump declares two-week ceasefire with Iran as Hormuz to reopenREAD MORE: Keir Starmer reacts to Donald Trump ceasefire agreement as PM travels to Gulf TODAY
Before the last-minute deal, Trump had issued a chilling threat to Iran, saying “a whole civilization will die tonight, never to be brought back again” if Tehran didn’t make a deal with Washington.
Trump, despite hitting Iran first and threatening to wipe out a “whole civilization” hailed the deal a conditional ceasefire as a huge move for peace.
In a statement on Truth Social, the President said: “A big day for World Peace! Iran wants it to happen, they’ve had enough! Likewise, so has everyone else!”
Quickly moving on from the topic of peace, Trump turned to money and oil, adding: “The United States of America will be helping with the traffic buildup in the Strait of Hormuz. There will be lots of positive action! Big money will be made. Iran can start the reconstruction process.
“We’ll be loading up with supplies of all kinds, and just “hangin’ around” in order to make sure that everything goes well. I feel confident that it will. Just like we are experiencing in the U.S., this could be the Golden Age of the Middle East!!!”
The two-week ceasefire with Iran remains conditional in nature, and Washington has yet to publicly accept an invitation to talks planned for Friday in Islamabad. Some points in Iran’s 10-point plan for a ceasefire have previously been rejected by the US in the past.
In his ceasefire announcement, Trump said: “We received a 10 point proposal from Iran, and believe it is a workable basis on which to negotiate.
“Almost all of the various points of past contention have been agreed to between the United States and Iran, but a two week period will allow the Agreement to be finalized and consummated.”
