Man straps coffin on motorcycle and swerves down motorway in ‘tribute for lifeless good friend’

A daredevil was filmed reportedly performing death-defying stunts on a public highway with a coffin strapped to the back of his motorbike in a tribute to his deceased friend in Nigeria

Man performs stunts with coffin of dead pal on back of motorbike

A thrill-seeker performed heart-stopping stunts with a coffin strapped to the back of his motorbike in a tribute to his deceased mate.

Footage captured the lad weaving between lanes on a public highway with the wooden casket secured to the seat. Balancing precariously on the coffin lid, he executed high-speed tricks in front of astonished motorists.

Onlookers reported that the unidentified biker rode for several miles without donning a helmet or protective gear, endangering himself and numerous unsuspecting road users. He reportedly staged the spine-chilling spectacle in honour of his late friend. The reckless display unfolded on a major road in Uyo, Nigeria, where stunt riding at funeral processions is becoming an increasing nuisance.

The clip went viral on X with 2m views and thousands of comments, as reported by creatorzine.com.

One local quipped: “This is clever, if he has an accident, they can just put him directly in the coffin.”

Another added: “Let the dead rest in peace, that dead body is scared!”

Nathan said: “They don’t do stunts like that in ‘Mission Impossible’!”

While thousands of users initially dismissed the viral video as an AI hoax, local traffic authorities have confirmed the terrifying display was genuine.

The police have reportedly initiated a formal review of the video as they seek to identify the individual responsible.

It comes after an individual who had been pronounced dead was hurriedly returned to hospital after funeral home workers noticed he was still breathing.

Juraci Rosa Alves was taken to a hospital on Saturday (16 May) where a doctor declared him deceased due to respiratory failure. A funeral home was subsequently contacted and Alves, 88, was transported there for routine post-mortem procedures.

However, as staff were preparing the body for the wake, they detected signs of life, as reported by NeedToKnow. Jacqueline Brogiato, the technical nursing supervisor at the funeral home, told local press: “Our funeral staff carried out the transfer as a standard procedure.

“When they arrived at the laboratory and placed him on the table, they noticed unusual movement in the abdomen and were unsure whether it was breathing. At first, when we realised there were vital signs, our only thought was to save him.

“So I carried out the initial care, trying to clear his airway until emergency services arrived.

Article continues below

“Everything happened very quickly – when they arrived, the doctor immediately began sedating and intubating him so he could be taken to the healthcare facility.”

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.

FamilyFuneralspolice